- He gets me meetings and my scripts read by people who would never touch me before.
- Keeps me focused on writing projects he can sell.
- Helps set goals and keeps me on track to accomplish them.
- It's nice to have someone who believes in your writing.
- I don't waste my time on unsaleable concepts anymore.
- I've written a grand total of 0 scripts since I signed with him.
- It's creatively draining. Beforehand, I could write anything I wanted just for fun, but now writing feels more like a job.
- My manager and I don't always see eye to eye on which project I should focus on.
- Writing has slowed down considerably because of the above.
During this time, I learned to follow the age old strategy whereas I write one project he recommends, and I write one which I love. It's working out well, except that it's taking a long time to find a project he loves that I can bear.
That's it for now. I'm pretty wiped out and sick, so I hope this was coherent.