Friday, June 13, 2008

Last Day in Dc

I'm freaking out. In 24 hours I will be in an airport, waiting for a plane, that will take me to California.

Assets I am taking with me:

-2 completed Feature Scripts
-3 completed original pilots
-5 spec scripts
-3 fellowship applications
-1 job interview
-1 half-edited movie
-0 money


A few contacts are just not enough, I feel. Now, for the scared-ness freak out moment:

-My entire life, at least since high school, I have wanted to be in films. I have begged, pleaded, worked on shit, lived in shit, taken out loans, and killed myself, all hoping for one day to be able to get to LA with enough confidence to allow me the opportunity to make it.

Now, I think I'm in pretty good shape, but I still feel as though I am destined for failure.

So, what am I going to do today? drive to Brandywine with Jon, do some last minute errands, drinks with the in-laws, dinner with friends, try to squeeze in my lawyer in there. I'm sure there will be plenty of freak out moments.

Next time I post a blog, barring some freak out. I'll be in La. So, I'll be discussing La, how to get ahead, where to get ahead, and what events are worthwhile.

No comments: