Tuesday, January 5, 2010

6 pages

So, for lunch today I had a steaming pile of completed six pages of the first pass. Why do scripts always suck when you're writing them but feel better when you read them? I have a habit, which I've found works for me. Whether I go back and reread a script while I'm writing or not, I never change anything, except typos, on the first pass. First drafts always suck, but I started and that's the hardest part. Once I'm past 30 pages, it turns easier. Hemingway said first drafts are shit, and I believe him. Only problem is, I'm not so sure my final products aren't equally shit, polished to a streak free shine. We'll see.

Also, I've pretty much decided I'm going to turn this blog, at least for the time being, into me expressing my dread over writing this script. Hopefully, it will keep me motivated and give you an insight into my addled mind. If nothing else, it'll help me.

No comments: