Saturday, January 12, 2008

car accident

so here's how it went down. I was driving to pick up web to get some food and watch the wizards game. I actually left work a little early and was hesitant to go, but i decided to suck it up. Karen wanted me to go to baltimore with her, instead of going to happy hour.

So, there were already things working against me. But, I decided to go, and possibly meet up with karen later in b-more.

I got home about 4:30pm, after leaving work, going back to work, and working for another hour. My boss made me feel like a jerk for wanting to leave, and i was iffy if I had gotten in at 7:30 or 8:00am, so I went back in. It was really odd, actually. Web texted me at 5:05 to ask if I would scoop him. That was about when karen got home. Me and karen hung out for about 10 minutes, and then I was off.

I went out of my house and began driving. Web texted me to ask if I was on my way
, which I was. I turned onto 198, and drove a few miles. 198 is an awful road. At one point it goes down to 2 lanes with no shoulder. You pass a gas station and a 7-11 on your left. Right about there, you can't see what is coming from the perpendicular roads. However, when an emergency vehicle comes, you can see the flashing lights. And that's what happened. A fire truck came up on the intersection, and people were passing it. Well, I stopped like you're supposed to. 1,2,3,4,5 seconds went by. Then BAM! A truck hits me in the back. My entire trunk is like an accordian. It's pretty awesome.

And that's how it happened. I went to the urgent care, I got a neck brace, and my fingers are killing me. I feel awful.

now I have to get my car fixed, and all sorts of other things.

Coming up...awful feeling awesomeness.

No comments: