Thursday, January 10, 2008

dishwasher

so, for the past 18 months, I've been having problems with my dishwasher. We have been trying to get it replaced, but to no avail. In the meantime, we have had 2 stoves, three washing machines, two dryers, and a new sink. However, the dishwasher still stands there. And it got me to thinking. About what, I don't know, but I really want that new dishwasher. It's been like a quest. Everytime we call maintenance, we hope and pray this will be the time for the new dishwasher, but never does it happen. I was going to go into something prophetic about the film industry from this, but I actually have no idea how I could tie it in.

So, I'll just start on a film related topic. Today is a pretty big day in the life of BNS media. Our champion at the studio we want to produce a feature through is meeting with investors today in the hopes that they will like the script, and want it produced. Even more hopefully, I would like for me to direct. We have already conceded that Tom will not DP, Christoph will not star, and most likely Skyler will not be as involved as we would like him. However, we are steadfast in the hopes that I will be able to direct this movie. And I think it's not without merit. I know what I'm doing. I've directed a feature and a couple tv shows. I've worked as a dp and camera operator. And I'm a full-time producer. I would like to think I am qualified, but at the end of the day, its all about what the producer wants. If the hand a big check and say, sorry we're going with this director, what are you gonna do? Not much, that's what I tells ya. So, we sit and pray and hope that it all works out. Just like with this damn dishwasher. See, I did it afterall, I'm even greater than I thought I was.

In the next installment, Tightness meets greatness.

No comments: